Three years and five months into his first term, President Obama has shown what he can do. As we recall his promises and research his accomplishments with the big-picture in mind, we are able to answer the question of whether or not he deserves another term as our Commander-in-Chief.
So, consider the following:
- According to AAA, the average national price for a gallon of gas has increased from $1.84 on January 20, 2009 to $3.80 on May 1, 2012. In this regard, CNS News recently reported that “So far, during the presidency of Barack Obama, the price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 83 percent, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. During the same period, the price of ground beef has gone up 24 percent and the price of bacon has gone up 22 percent.” And how did this happen? Well, under the Obama administration, oil and natural gas production on federal lands is down by more than 40% compared to ten years ago. Also, 2010 had the lowest number of onshore leases issued since 1984. Plus, the administration held only one offshore lease sale in 2011.
- On June 9, 2008, then presidential candidate Obama, while giving a speech in Raleigh, NC, said, “…We must help the millions of homeowners facing foreclosure…” But, according to a New York Times report on January 1, 2010, Obama’s “…$75 billion program to protect homeowners from foreclosure has been widely pronounced a disappointment, and some economists and real estate experts now contend it has done more harm than good.”And today, we have seen no improvement.
- President Obama told us Obamacare would cost us “around $900 billion over 10 years.” But, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has now reported that it will actually cost “$1.76 trillion over a decade,” which is almost twice as much as what we were told.
- Unemployment is currently above 8% even though we were told it would never rise above 8%. [By the way, these figures are misleading because the government calculates unemployment mainly by counting the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. So, when unemployment benefits expire, people are no longer counted and the unemployment rate actually falls. So, with this in mind, the current unemployment number is actually more like 22.4%.] Question: Where do you think the rate will be by Election Day? According to his own prediction, Obama will have unemployment at 5.2% — We shall see.
- Student debt is “roughly $1 trillion in size, greater than either auto or credit-card debt and second only to mortgage debt in the U.S.” and is a potential candidate for another massive government bailout, as touted by President Obama.
- When President Obama took office on January 20, 2009, the national debt was $10.6 trillion. On February 23, 2009, at the Fiscal Responsibility Summit, he said, “…Today, I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term…” As reported by USA Today, he hasn’t even come close. Moreover, in September 2010, CNS News reported that “In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.” And now, as of May 2012, it is over $15.7 trillion, bringing government debt to “about $42,054 per household, which is almost four times the “official” number being reported by Washington.” Moreover, according to a new estimate from the CBO, Obama’s 2013 budget “would add $3.5 trillion in deficits through 2022.” Ironically, in June 2008 Obama called George Bush “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic” for adding $4 trillion to the national debt, amounting to “$30,000 for every man, woman, and child.”
- In March 2012, the Washington Examiner reported that “Some 10,215 new federal regulations from the Obama administration are costing consumers, businesses and the economy overall $46 billion annually, more than five times the regulatory price tag of former President Bush in his first three years in office. Worse: just implementing those regulations had a one-time additional cost of $11 billion.”
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), 31.6 million Americans were on food stamps in December 2008; then, in January 2012, this number increased to 46.4 million – a total increase of 14.8 million; that is nearly 15% of the entire population. The CBO further reports that this number will continue to grow into 2014.
- According to the USDA, 39.8 million Americans were under the poverty line in 2008; then, in 2010, this number increased to 46.2 million – a total increase of 6.4 million.
- Regarding foreign policy, Pollster.com reports that the majority of Americans have never approved of President Obama’s policies; of course, his work with our Navy S.E.A.L.S. in killing Osama Bin Laden is praiseworthy, despite the fact that, according to the Wall Street Journal, the Obama administration drafted a memo to protect the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture the al-Qaeda leader failed. The botched mission would’ve been the fault of commanding military officials, not the White House.
- President Obama supports same-sex marriage (and always has), a woman’s “right” to “choose,” and infanticide.
- According to the Huffington Post, which tracks an average of over four-hundred separate polls regarding President Obama job performance on the economy, 52% of Americans, in May 2012, disapproved of President Obama’s work, while 42% approved; what is more, the vast majority of Americans have disapproved of his economic leadership since October 2009.
- “…Only 33 per cent of Americans expect the economy to improve in the coming months.”
- The majority of North Carolinians disapprove of President Obama’s job performance.
- The majority of Americans believe we are on the wrong track.
Our country has been on the wrong track for a long time, starting mostly with the socialist policies of Theodore Roosevelt (R) in 1901 and continuing with Wilson (D), Hoover (R), FDR (D), Johnson (D), etc. Both parties, for the most part, have been unfaithful to “We the People,” putting their personal greed and agendas before their oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. And now, with what you have just read, do you think our country is on the mend? What does it say that Russian newspaper Pravda (former official propaganda arm of the Soviet Communist Party) has endorsed our President for his 2012 re-election campaign? What does it say that The Communist Party USA endorsed Obama in 2008 and has done so again this year? Is it just me or is this a “red” flag? (Pun intended)
Written by Joel M. Killion
 In June 2008, on the campaign trail, then Senator Obama said, “The problem is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the bank of China, in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion from the first 42 presidents, number 43 [Bush] added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back. $30,000 for every man, woman, and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.” (Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U)