Last night’s monthly meeting for August was great! As always, we covered a lot of material. If you want to know what we went over, you can download a PDF version of our Agenda by clicking here. As you will see from the Agenda, we talked about many areas where everyone can get involved in some way or another. I want to encourage each of you reading this to find one thing on the Agenda (under the “Involvement” heading) that you can do. Then, do it well, with excellence, with all your might (use the CONTACT FORM at the end of this post to let us know how you can help). None of us are super-heroes. We can only do what we can do. But, if we use our God-given talents to do one thing (or two or three things, depending on what you have the passion for) that will help our cause, it will bring us that much closer to victory. During the meeting, we also talked about educational opportunities and several upcoming events, which you do not want to miss.
We also had several visitors, who, as I told them, won’t be visitors next time they come but will be family. As those who are involved in the Tea Party understand very well, we are a family. Like all families, we don’t agree on all the issues or on how everything should be done. Yet, we share a unique bond because we are in the trenches together, fighting for our freedom and for the future of our children and grandchildren. Why? Because we believe in something. We believe in God and all He has provided for all of us in this great Country. We believe in the principles of liberty and freedom. We believe in that which has motivated every man and woman in uniform, since our founding, to sacrifice so much for our nation. We believe in what our Founders gave their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to provide for us. And we are standing together for a great cause that empowers us to make a difference so that America is bettered by our work each and every day. So, when we gather, it is remarkable. As I always say, I feel closer to my Tea Party family than I do to any church I’ve ever attended. It is truly amazing!
One of the things we talked about last night is that we have to study and begin to implement some of the tactics of the opposition but do it morally, ethically, and for the Truth. So, I told you that I am reading things like The Coming Insurrection (The Invisible Committee), Rules for Radicals (Saul D. Alinsky), Chairman Mao’s Little Red Book (Mao Tse-Tung), The Communist Manifesto (Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels), S.T.O.R.M.’s Reclaiming Revolution booklet (To print this out for free and read it for yourself, click here), etc. As I have been studying these things, I have been reminded of how clever and cunning the Serpent still is today, especially compared to us who are Christian Conservative/Libertarian types. It’s time for us to use purified versions of their tactics for our cause. If you want to read and study these books, you can borrow them from our Library, which is being facilitated by our friend Bobby Aycock.
Also, here are some updates:
- We are growing our social media presence. As you may know, we are on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and we are now on LinkedIn, Google+ and Pintrest. Please join us on these mediums so we can stay connected on all that is going on (Our complete network is made up of nearly 2,400 patriots!!!). Also, if you want to start receiving our email updates, email us with your request to be added and it’ll be done.
- We are getting a webcam and will start web-streaming our events LIVE on Google Hangouts, starting with our September 5th monthly meeting (After each event, the broadcast will immediately be uploaded to our YouTube channel so it can be viewed on demand.).
- Our website (which, uuummmm, you’re on right now), has been updated with new information. Check out especially our Events, Education & News, and Take Action! pages.
- We have pre-ordered Glenn Beck’s Man in the Moon movie (Check out this teaser trailer).It will be shipped out to us on or around September 13. So, we will plan on having a movie night on our big-screen projection system in early October with whoever wants to come. Sound like fun?
- We have updated our monthly meeting flier which can be posted at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, the Library, Subway, Chinese restaurant, book stores, churches, government buildings, community centers, businesses, etc. etc. Please print off as many as you can and help us get the word out.
Thank you all for your support and tireless effort in our mutual cause to restore America to her God-ordained purpose as the city on a hill she was founded to be. We have a lot of work to do that will never end because freedom requires eternal vigilance. For those of you who have not yet plugged in, please come to our next monthly gathering on September 5 at 6:00pm at Western Sizzlin. Let us not wait until we and our children are living under totalitarian rule to wake up and get involved – at that point, I can assure you, it will be too late. Wake up TODAY! Get involved TODAY! I know you “don’t have time”. None of us have the time for this. But we make time for what is important to us and freedom is very important to all of us. So, use the CONTACT FORM at the end of this post to let us know how you can help.
Let me leave you with a quote from Dietrich Bonhoeffer who said, “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
Your Companion in Liberty,
Joel M. Killion