Starting August 31, the NEW movie “2016: Obama’s America” is showing in Wilson at Carmike 10 and in Rocky Mount at Premiere 14; it is playing in over 1800 theaters all over America (For a complete list of all the theaters where it is playing, go to http://2016themovie.com/theaters).
About 2016: Obama’s America (Take from http://2016themovie.com)
2016 Obama’s America takes audiences on a gripping visual journey into the heart of the world’s most powerful office to reveal the struggle of whether one man’s past will redefine America over the next four years. The film examines the question, “If Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?”
Across the globe and in America, people in 2008 hungered for a leader who would unite and lift us from economic turmoil and war. True to America’s ideals, they invested their hope in a new kind of president, Barack Obama. What they didn’t know is that Obama is a man with a past, and in powerful ways that past defines him–who he is, how he thinks, and where he intends to take America and the world.
Immersed in exotic locales across four continents, best selling author Dinesh D’Souza races against time to find answers to Obama’s past and reveal where America will be in 2016. During this journey he discovers how Hope and Change became radically misunderstood, and identifies new flashpoints for hot wars in mankind’s greatest struggle. The journey moves quickly over the arc of the old colonial empires, into America’s empire of liberty, and we see the unfolding realignment of nations and the shape of the global future.
Emotionally engaging, 2016 Obama’s America will make you confounded and cheer as you discover the mysteries and answers to your greatest aspirations and worst fears.
Love him or hate him, you don’t know him.
This report card will be updated from time to time leading up to November 6. CLICK HERE for the recent version.
Three years and five months into his first term, President Obama has shown what he can do. As we recall his promises and research his accomplishments with the big-picture in mind, we are able to answer the question of whether or not he deserves another term as our Commander-in-Chief.
So, consider the following:
- According to AAA, the average national price for a gallon of gas has increased from $1.84 on January 20, 2009 to $3.80 on May 1, 2012. In this regard, CNS News recently reported that “So far, during the presidency of Barack Obama, the price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 83 percent, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. During the same period, the price of ground beef has gone up 24 percent and the price of bacon has gone up 22 percent.” And how did this happen? Well, under the Obama administration, oil and natural gas production on federal lands is down by more than 40% compared to ten years ago. Also, 2010 had the lowest number of onshore leases issued since 1984. Plus, the administration held only one offshore lease sale in 2011.
- On June 9, 2008, then presidential candidate Obama, while giving a speech in Raleigh, NC, said, “…We must help the millions of homeowners facing foreclosure…” But, according to a New York Times report on January 1, 2010, Obama’s “…$75 billion program to protect homeowners from foreclosure has been widely pronounced a disappointment, and some economists and real estate experts now contend it has done more harm than good.”And today, we have seen no improvement.
- President Obama told us Obamacare would cost us “around $900 billion over 10 years.” But, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has now reported that it will actually cost “$1.76 trillion over a decade,” which is almost twice as much as what we were told.
- Unemployment is currently above 8% even though we were told it would never rise above 8%. [By the way, these figures are misleading because the government calculates unemployment mainly by counting the number of people receiving unemployment benefits. So, when unemployment benefits expire, people are no longer counted and the unemployment rate actually falls. So, with this in mind, the current unemployment number is actually more like 22.4%.] Question: Where do you think the rate will be by Election Day? According to his own prediction, Obama will have unemployment at 5.2% — We shall see.
- Student debt is “roughly $1 trillion in size, greater than either auto or credit-card debt and second only to mortgage debt in the U.S.” and is a potential candidate for another massive government bailout, as touted by President Obama.
- When President Obama took office on January 20, 2009, the national debt was $10.6 trillion. On February 23, 2009, at the Fiscal Responsibility Summit, he said, “…Today, I’m pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term…” As reported by USA Today, he hasn’t even come close. Moreover, in September 2010, CNS News reported that “In the first 19 months of the Obama administration, the federal debt held by the public increased by $2.5260 trillion, which is more than the cumulative total of the national debt held by the public that was amassed by all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Ronald Reagan.” And now, as of May 2012, it is over $15.7 trillion, bringing government debt to “about $42,054 per household, which is almost four times the “official” number being reported by Washington.” Moreover, according to a new estimate from the CBO, Obama’s 2013 budget “would add $3.5 trillion in deficits through 2022.” Ironically, in June 2008 Obama called George Bush “irresponsible” and “unpatriotic” for adding $4 trillion to the national debt, amounting to “$30,000 for every man, woman, and child.”
- In March 2012, the Washington Examiner reported that “Some 10,215 new federal regulations from the Obama administration are costing consumers, businesses and the economy overall $46 billion annually, more than five times the regulatory price tag of former President Bush in his first three years in office. Worse: just implementing those regulations had a one-time additional cost of $11 billion.”
- According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), 31.6 million Americans were on food stamps in December 2008; then, in January 2012, this number increased to 46.4 million – a total increase of 14.8 million; that is nearly 15% of the entire population. The CBO further reports that this number will continue to grow into 2014.
- According to the USDA, 39.8 million Americans were under the poverty line in 2008; then, in 2010, this number increased to 46.2 million – a total increase of 6.4 million.
- Regarding foreign policy, Pollster.com reports that the majority of Americans have never approved of President Obama’s policies; of course, his work with our Navy S.E.A.L.S. in killing Osama Bin Laden is praiseworthy, despite the fact that, according to the Wall Street Journal, the Obama administration drafted a memo to protect the president from blame if the mission to kill or capture the al-Qaeda leader failed. The botched mission would’ve been the fault of commanding military officials, not the White House.
- President Obama supports same-sex marriage (and always has), a woman’s “right” to “choose,” and infanticide.
- According to the Huffington Post, which tracks an average of over four-hundred separate polls regarding President Obama job performance on the economy, 52% of Americans, in May 2012, disapproved of President Obama’s work, while 42% approved; what is more, the vast majority of Americans have disapproved of his economic leadership since October 2009.
- “…Only 33 per cent of Americans expect the economy to improve in the coming months.”
- The majority of North Carolinians disapprove of President Obama’s job performance.
- The majority of Americans believe we are on the wrong track.
Our country has been on the wrong track for a long time, starting mostly with the socialist policies of Theodore Roosevelt (R) in 1901 and continuing with Wilson (D), Hoover (R), FDR (D), Johnson (D), etc. Both parties, for the most part, have been unfaithful to “We the People,” putting their personal greed and agendas before their oaths to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. And now, with what you have just read, do you think our country is on the mend? What does it say that Russian newspaper Pravda (former official propaganda arm of the Soviet Communist Party) has endorsed our President for his 2012 re-election campaign? What does it say that The Communist Party USA endorsed Obama in 2008 and has done so again this year? Is it just me or is this a “red” flag? (Pun intended)
Written by Joel M. Killion
 www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/annual/pdf/sec1_30.pdf and http://blog.heritage.org/2012/01/18/under-obama-oil-and-gas-production-on-federal-lands-is-down-40
 In June 2008, on the campaign trail, then Senator Obama said, “The problem is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the bank of China, in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion from the first 42 presidents, number 43 [Bush] added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back. $30,000 for every man, woman, and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic.” (Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLmru6no4U)
 www.lifesitenews.com/news/gingrich-rips-obama-for-infanticide-vote and www.lifenews.com/2012/03/05/wheres-the-outrage-over-obamas-past-infanticide-support
On March 9, 2010, before the 2010 Legislative Conference for the National Association of Counties, former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi said, “…We [Congress] have to pass the [health care] bill so that you can find out what is in it…” Well, the 2700-page Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, since it’s passing in March 2010, has been and is being peeled away, layer by layer, and what we are finding is affirming what we’ve always known.
Consider the following:
- Twenty-eight states have filed lawsuits against the federal government regarding Obamacare’s threat to the Constitution and their own state budgets. They know Obamacare will harm them by increasing “state government obligations for Medicaid by expanding Medicaid eligibility and introducing an individual health insurance mandate for all U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents.”
- On September 8, 2009, Judge Andrew Napolitano asked South Carolina Congressman James Clyburn (the third ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives), “Where in the Constitution is the Federal Government charged with maintaining people’s health?” Clyburn responded, “Well, it’s not in the Constitution. There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the Federal Government has got anything to do with most of the stuff that we do…” Moreover, on October 22, 2009, a CNS News reporter asked the then Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, “Madam Speaker, where specifically does the Constitution grant Congress the authority to enact an individual health insurance mandate?” Speaker Pelosi responded, “Are you serious? Are you serious?” The reporter answered, “Yes, yes I am.” Later, Speaker Pelosi’s press spokesperson, Nadeam Elshami, told CNS News that its question was “not a serious question.” Question: What does this say about the Liberal paradigm toward America’s founding documents?
- “So far, over 1400 annual limit waivers have been issued…The waivers cover nearly 3.1 million individuals, or 2 percent of those with private insurance. Of the plans seeking waivers, more than half are union plans, covering 1.55 million people.” Question: If Obamacare is great for all Americans, as we’ve been told, why are so many receiving waivers?
- Thirty to fifty percent of businesses are planning on exiting out of employer-sponsored insurance after 2014 because the employer mandates are simply unbearable.
- Obamacare “will increase taxes by more than $569 billion between now and 2019, and the burdens it places on business will significantly reduce economic growth and employment.”
- Under Obamacare, individuals must “either purchase a government-prescribed health insurance policy or pay a penalty.” This means that the millions of Americans who are happy with their current health insurance plan will not be able to keep it. And how will this be executed? Well, “The Obama administration is quietly diverting roughly $500 million to the IRS to help implement the president’s healthcare law.”
- On September 9, 2009, President Obama told us his “Affordable” Care Act “will cost around $900 billion over ten years.” Then, in March 2012, the Congressional Budget Office informed us that Obamacare will actually cost us $1.76 trillion – nearly twice the original amount. Now, we have learned that “…Obamacare will force taxpayers to find another $17 trillion to pay for Obamacare’s spending…”, which “when combined with existing Medicare and Medicaid funding shortfalls, leaves taxpayers on the hook for an extra $82 trillion over the next 75 years. The federal government already owes $15 trillion in debt, including $5 trillion in funds borrowed during Obama’s term…”
- When Obamacare was signed into law, we were told that the more Americans learned about it, the more they would like it. But, according to the Huffington Post’s healthcare poll, which averages 266 separate polls, in March 2012, 50% of Americans disapproved of Obamacare, while 41% approved; moreover, the majority of Americans have opposed Obamacare since June 2009, ten months before Obamacare was signed into law (Pollster.com).
- “…Before the highly publicized hearing on the constitutionality of President Obama’s health care law, ratings for the U.S. Supreme Court had fallen to the lowest level ever measured by Rasmussen Reports [at 28%]. Now, following the hearings, approval of the court is way up [at 41%].” Also, only 15% of likely U.S. voters agree with President Obama’s cautioning of the U.S. Supreme Court’s possible overturning of his health care law.
Fortunately, for America, the silent-majority has been doing its homework, questioning their leaders with boldness and respect, and holding them responsible, while spreading the word to their neighbors, friends and family. Truly, it is an intelligent, informed electorate who will ultimately right this wrong. As Thomas Jefferson wrote, “If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.”